Providing independent living in a sheltered setting in the heart of Terenure
Registered Charity Number 20011888
- Showing Respect for the rights and dignity of all residents, staff, volunteers, donors, visitors and neighbours
- Behaving with Honesty & Integrity in all our interactions
- Demonstrating Transparency & Accountability in all dealings and in how we implement our documented policies
- 1900: TCD faculty and students found new social-housing company
- 1950's: With visionary GP, Dr Margaret Merrick, company houses 12 seniors, Auburn House, Harold’s Cross
- 1969: Brand-new Merrick House, offers comfortable, affordable rooms
- 1983: Merrick House DAC registered as a charity
All our family are grateful for the care and attention our mother received at Merrick House. We took great comfort in the knowledge that she’d found such a secure and caring environment, so close to where she’d lived for almost sixty years.
My Dad really enjoyed living there, he found the staff and fellow residents very friendly and enjoyed their company. It was a great peace of mind for me knowing that they were there to look out for Dad. He really enjoyed his time there
This is provided by a caring, compassionate, friendly and efficient staff who follow the example of their benefactor Dr Margaret Merrick. Location is convenient in a village close to all amenities, all of this we have witnessed as my brother spent 5 happy years there until his passing.